(SEE ALSO: GEORGE P. BENT)
The "Crown" piano was built by the famous George P. Bent Piano Company, one of the most well known piano and organ makers of the late 19th Century in America. Established in 1870, His most famous innovations were his 'Orchestral Attachment' and 'Practice Clavier', which were special features operated by extra foot pedals. George P. Bent stopped building pianos in about 1929 when the Great Depression hit, but the Crown brand name was produced up until the late 1940s. George P. Bent and 'Crown' brand organs were also sold and distributed by Sears Roebuck & Company on a limited basis at the turn-of-the-century.