Dupuy & Son
Guitan Dupuy began building pianos on a small scale in New York City as early as 1848. In 1859, Dupuy went into partnership with Francis Taylor to form the firm of Taylor & Dupuy. By 1870, Taylor & Dupuy was producing about 50 pianos annually, and they had a reputation for building fine instruments of exceptional quality. Taylor & Dupuy enjoyed several years of success, and the partnership lasted until about 1881.
In 1882, Taylor admitted his son into partnership, forming the firm of Taylor & Son. Taylor & Son continued to build pianos and melodeons until the late 1890s.
After Taylor & Dupuy was dissolved, Dupuy went into business with his son, John S. Dupuy, forming the Dupuy & Son Piano Company at 42 Clinton Place, New York City. Dupuy & Son was out of business before 1890.
Dupuy & Son Piano Advertisement
19th Century Advertisement For Dupuy & Son Piano Company, New York City