The Jesse French Piano Company of New Castle, Indiana was a major player in the piano industry during the 19th and 20th Centuries. Established in 1875, his pianos were first built in Nashville, Tennessee under the name of Dorman, French & Smith. In about 1898, the name was changed to Krell-French, with factories in Ohio. Albert Krell left Krell-French in about 1905, and Jesse French continued to build a substantial number of pianos until his death in 1927.
The Jesse French Piano Company had facilities to produce a substantial number of pianos. They built pianos which were sold under several different brand names including 'Jesse French & Sons', 'Ackerman & Lowe', 'Continental Piano Company', 'Frenchetts Piano Company', 'Jefferson Piano Company', 'Krell-French Piano Company', 'Lagonda Piano Company', and 'Browning Piano Company'. In 1955, The P. A. Stark Piano Company bought the Jesse French Piano Company, and built pianos under both the names of 'P. A. Stark' and 'Jesse French & Sons' until about 1965.
Jesse French Sales Catalog
Jesse French Illustrated Sales Catalog, Circa 1925
Jesse French Advertisements
Early 20th Century Advertising Poster Featuring Jesse French And Lagonda Brand Pianos & Player Pianos
Jesse French Article
Early 20th Century Magazine Article About The Jesse French Piano Company, New Castle, Indiana
Jesse French Promotional Advertisement
Early 20th Century Jesse French Promotional Advertisement, Circa 1910
Jesse French Spanish Renaissance Baby Grand Piano
1918 | $15,000