The Edmund Gram Piano Company was established in 1883 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Gram built a full line of upright pianos, grand pianos, and player pianos for several decades and was known for building very good quality, higher grade instruments. In addition to manufacturing pianos sold under the 'Edmund Gram' name, the firm also sold pianos under the brand names of 'Lyra', 'Harvard', and 'Link'. In about 1914 Max Richtsteig went into partnership with Gram, and the name of the company was called "The Gram â Richtsteig Piano Company'. In 1924 the firm was purchased by the Haddorff Piano Company, and Haddorff continued to build pianos under the Edmund Gram name until the Great Depression.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHERMERA
Edmund Gram Brochure
Early 20th Century Brochure For The Edmund Gram Piano Company Of Milwaukee, Wisconsin