The Gregory & Binder Piano Manufacturing Company was established in Rochester, NY sometime around 1845 by Julius Binder and A.E. Gregory. Their factory was on the corner of State and Mumford Streets. The firm was a small-scale manufacturer of square grand pianos which were sold under the names of 'Gregory & Binder' as well as 'J. Binder'. Instruments by Gregory & Binder were mostly hand-crafted and were known to be made of great quality and craftsmanship. Gregory & Binder went out of business around 1885, and their instruments are exceedingly rare today.