The Harvard Piano Company was established in 1885 in Dayton, Kentucky. John Church (John Church & Company) and Frank Lee (President of Everett Piano Company) purchased the Harvard Piano Company in 1894. The Harvard Piano Company built very good quality pianos and player pianos throughout the turn-of-the-century era. Harvard also built some upright pianos sold under the John Church & Company brand label. Harvard was moved from Dayton KY to Cincinnati after the turn-of-the-century, and the Harvard name was discontinued with the onset of the Great Depression.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHERMERA
Turn-of-the-century color lithograph ad for the Harvard Piano Company, circa about 1900