Newman, Edward G.
Edward G. Newman is listed as building pianos under his own name as early as 1867 in New York City. Newman was one of the craftsmen from the nearby Steinway & Sons Piano Factory, and it is likely that he learned the trade while at Steinway. Newman's first shop is listed at 113 4th Avenue, New York City. By 1877, his firm had expanded to a larger workshop on 54 East 13th Street. Edward Newman was known for building very high quality pianos on a smaller scale, never building a large number of instruments. Edward Newman went out of business sometime in the 1890s. Pianos by his firm are exceedingly rare today.Return To Brands
Edward G. Newman Advertisement
19th Century Advertisement For Edward G. Newman, Piano Maker, New York City