SEE ALSO: YORK
The Weaver Piano & Organ Company was established in York, Pennsylvania in 1870. They built a full line of reed organs and chapel organs, slowly phasing out organs and increasing piano production as the turn-of-the-century approached. Weaver built several popular brand names including Livingston, York, Lincoln, and Davies & Sons. After the Great Depression era, Weaver built a line of spinet, console and baby grand pianos that remained popular for several decades. The Weaver Piano & Organ Company was out of business by the late 1950s. The extant Weaver instruments we have seen come through our restoration shop have been very well made pianos, indicating that Weaver built a higher grade of instrument.